Spotlight on... Apprenticeships
8 – 14 February 2021 is National Apprenticeships Week!
This week's Careers Spotlight invites young people at Westminster City School to find out more about apprenticeship opportunities during National Apprenticeships Week.
An apprenticeship is a type of qualification that you can do, when you finish school, that combines practical on-the-job training with classroom learning. Apprenticeships are designed to give yo the skills and knowledge to succeed in a particular industry. There are hundreds of courses to choose from you, so you earn while you learn!
Find out if this is the right pathway for you:
- Test your knowledge by taking the apprenticeships quiz and 'guess the employer' quiz
- Visit Prospects.ac.uk and read the Guide to your Future to learn more about the types of apprenticeships available
- Browse apprenticeship vacancies with leading employers
- Have a go at the games and activities in the National Apprenticeships Week 2021 Student Activity Pack
- Search for live apprenticeship vacancies here
- Hear directly from employers about what apprenticeships are like by tuning in to the Big Assembly at 11.10am on Tuesday 9 February
- If you are in Years 10 to 13, then register for a free webinar featuring 12 different apprentices who work for some of the UK's biggest brands, from 3pm-5pm on Monday 8 February
Parents/carers who are interested in finding out what apprenticeships can offer their child can:
- Register here to take part in an online apprenticeships information session by Westminster City Council, 5.30pm to 6.30pm on Thursday 11 February
- Download the parent/carer apprenticeships information pack
In addition, UCAS is offering a week of live sessions, sponsored by the National Apprenticeship Service. Each day, participants will discover more about apprenticeships on offer and learn what is involved in studying while working. Further information on these UCAS events is available here and young people can book their place here.