Westminster City School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
At Westminster City School we recognise that, like all schools and colleges, we have an essential role to play in protecting children and young people from abuse. We safeguard our pupils and students by:
- creating safe environments for young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensuring that adults who work in our School, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to our pupils or students
- making sure our staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns, and are kept up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children and young people about staying safe
- maintaining an environment where our young people feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem
Our Safeguarding Team is as follows:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Ms Lockyer
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Key Stage 3) – Ms Mole
- Senior Teacher (Safeguarding, Child Protection and Attendance) and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Key Stage 4) – Miss World
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Key Stage 5) – Mr Caprioli
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Learning Support) - Mr Rees
If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child or young person, you can complete our safeguarding form, below.
Please note: If you have requested a response to our safeguarding form then you will need to provide contact information so our Safeguarding Lead can get in touch with you. If you provide contact information, this will be used solely for the purpose of contacting you regarding the safeguarding matter. However, you are also free to submit your safeguarding form anonymously.